Friday, January 23, 2009

The Law of Life

I read this story by Jack London and it was very difficult to follow or know what was going on. There was a lot of words that I didn't know. As well as how the characters talked, confused me. But after I kinda understood what was going on I thought it was a pretty good story in the end. It was a reality check of what life has for you. Your going to be born, live your life and eventually your going to get old and die just as everyone will or have done.

Words to look up:

forlorn: desolate or dreary; unhappy or miserable, as in feeling, condition, or appearance.
palsied: paralyzed; unable to move or control certain muscles.
chiding: to express disapproval of; scold; reproach.
crooning: To hum or sing softly.
guttural: harsh; throaty

No comments:

Post a Comment