Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shakespeare

January 14th, 2009

I read the poem When, in Disgrace with Fortune and Men's Eyes

What I got out of it was; this man is feeling down and he wants some of the talet these other men have but then he thinks about someone and his mood changes and he's happy again.

There were alot of words i didn't know and had to look up to even try to understand this poem. I have a really hard time trying to make sense of a poem especially Shakespeare.
I'm not going to put every word I had to look up but I'll put a few.

  • Bootless-without result, gain, or advantage; unavailing; useless.
  • Sullen-showing irritation or ill humor by a gloomy silence or reserve.
  • Haply-perhaps; by chance.
  • Scorn-to reject, refuse, or ignore with contempt or disdain.

No comments:

Post a Comment